Monday, May 6, 2013

The dreaded security line

I'm in line at security after my #expertsacademy event and like most I am making my way back home.   Standing in the line in total peace and awareness. I'm hearing the complaints of those around me who are not in a place of peace.

As I listen, I am reminded of why control is one of our core human drives. People are running late.   Concern,  panic and un ease are the general energy levels around me from some. For others the length of the line and the seemingly slow movement are not a concern. 

The difference came in the form of a plan.  Those who did not plan are blaming the security officers for their slow down.  Others think it's ridiculous how inefficient the process is.  But those who planned and are at total calm are the ones who have the control.  Those who are blaming and un easy of whether they will miss their plane or not are out of control.

If you want more control in your life.  Plan better.  We cannot predict the future but we can plan for possibilities.  It was possible the line would be long. So next time, plan effectively and take actions that are in line with the plan.  If you do that you'll find yourself using your time effectively and maybe even use it to write a great blog post. 

How has a plan helped you have more control in your life?

No comments:

Share This